Monday, March 9, 2009

Album # 30 I'm Wide Awake It's Morning - Bright Eyes

I would imagine anyone who knows me, knows Bright Eyes is probably my 3rd or 4th favorite band of all time. That being said, I'm very biased when it comes to hearing their music. I can't believe I had made it this far into the year without hearing an entire CD of theirs. So anyway, here is another 5 MISSED OUT rating CD, I believe that makes 3 for the year! Bright Eyes, Conor Oberst(who is the singer for Bright Eyes) and The Beatles all earning 5 Missed Outs from yours truly. Bright Eyes really touched on their country leanings on this here album as most of the album has a little bit of a country feel to it, with nice romantic yearnings of love and loss and a few anti-George Bush songs thrown in for good measure! I will leave you with the lyrics to one of my favorite songs of all time found on this album. Read them and tell me how wonderful the feeling of being totally in love with someone is, or is not.

"First Day Of My Life"
This is the first day of my life
Swear I was born right in the doorway
I went out in the rain, suddenly everything changed
They're spreading blankets on the beach
Yours is the first face that I saw
I think I was blind before I met you
Now I don't know where I am, don't know where I've been
But I know where I want to go
And so I thought I'd let you know
That these things take forever, I especially am slow
But I realize that I need you
And I wondered if I could come home
Remember the time you drove all night
Just to meet me in the morning
And I thought it was strange, you said everything changed
You felt as if you'd just woke up
And you said, "This is the first day of my life
I'm glad I didn't die before I met you
But, now I don't care, I could go anywhere with you
And I'd probably be happy
"So if you wanna be with me
With these things there's no telling
We'll just have to wait and see
But I'd rather be working for a paycheck
Than waiting to win the lottery
Besides, maybe this time it's different
I mean I really think you like me

Recommended Downloads: BUY THE WHOLE THING

Missed Out Rating: 5 out of 5 Missed Outs

What I was doing while listening: Driving around town

No comments: