Friday, March 6, 2009

Albums # 25 thru # 29 (Placebo Discography)

I did it again. For the second time this year I have listened to a bands entire collection of albums. This time the band was Placebo and I am very satisfied. For the last couple of years I have had all their albums, yet only listened to one song over and over again. Their song “Blind” is one of my all time favorite songs. Now I can add about 15 other Placebo songs to my list of must listens.

So in the order of their release here are 5 two line reviews:

Album # 25 Placebo – Placebo

Their self titled debut is a bit different than the Placebo nowadays. Still some good indepent punk, pop and rock on this fine debut.

Album #26 Without You I’m Nothing – Placebo

It seems that on this second album, Placebo started to find their sound and stuck with it throughout the album. The song “Every You Every Me” alone is worth buying this album which started introducing the electronic element of the band.

Album # 27 Black Market Music – Placebo

Their third album didn’t even chart in the United States, but hey it was # 1 in France! Makes me think those French dig pretty cool music!

Album # 28 Sleeping With Ghosts – Placebo

Their fourth album which really concentrated more on electronics than other releases is the first to gain any U.S. attention. This album would lead the way into their next album which brought them even more recognition here in the states.

Album # 29 – Meds – Placebo

With their 5th and latest release (2006) Placebo actually made the U.S. charts albeit at number 180! It once again was # 1 in many other countries and contains my new favorite Placebo song of all time “Infa-Red,” a song detailing how his lover can’t ever get away from him since he can “see in the dark.”

When all is said and done Placebo are a fine band, mixing some rock, electronica, and punk with some David Bowie thrown in. I cant see how anyone could listen to them and not be addicted!

Discography rating: 4 out of 5 Missed Outs

No comments: