Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Album # 1 808's And Heartbreak - Kanye West

Oddly enough, for my taste that is, I started the year off with Kanye West's latest CD. I wasn't looking all that forward to it as I'm not the biggest Kanye fan. However after reading in Rolling Stone magazine that it was an instant break-up classic, I was intrigued. Now that I've listened to it completely I am pleasantly surprised. Without a doubt, I believe it to be Kanye's strongest album by far. The subject matter on the album certainly seems to only deal with a lost relationship, though the song "Coldest Winter" is clearly about Kanye's mother who passed away last year. The last song is a live bonus track entitled "Pinocchio Story" that shows Kanye at his story telling best. If you haven't picked up the album, do yourself a favor and get it now! If you have ever been in a failed relationship, who hasnt? You should instantly fall in love with songs like "Heartless," "Love Lockdown," and "See You In My Nightmare."

I remember there was a time when people compared 50 Cent to Kanye West and vice versa, after listening to this album in it's entirety I'd say that's like comparing the Monkees to The Beatles. They don't even belong in the same sentence.


Recommended Downloads: "Welcome to Heartbreak," "Heartless," "Love Lockdown," "Robocop," "Coldest Winter."

Side Note: Anytime an album on here scores 4 or higher, it would be in your best benefit to buy the WHOLE ALBUM!

What I was doing while listening to: Cleaning house.

Missed Out Rating: 4 out 5 Missed Outs!

1 comment:

AkGirl said...

So excited you're doing this! I really like the rating aspect. Not much of a Kanye fan either, but there are those few that I can't turn off when they're on. Glad to see you're opening up to different music!
Are you taking suggestions?