Thursday, January 29, 2009

Book # 2 Dreamseller - Brandon Novak

So book number 2 was one of my favorite Christmas gifts and it was a pretty good read. It's labled an addiction memoir and was written by Brandon Novak, a former professional skateboarder. No one can deny the only reason Brandon was given this book deal was because of his relationship with Jackass superstar Bam Margera. Being a fan of Bam's work, I decided I wanted to read this book to see where Brandon's relationship with Bam began and so on. The book has a co-writer and it's clear that the co-writer must have written most of the book. I believe that to be the most dissapointing part of reading the book. It goes into great deal explaning what Brandon did to support his drug habit. He was involved in everything you can imagine from stealing from family to dealing in gay prostitution. The book largely covers his stint in re-hab, and it's in re-hab where you get most of the entertaining stories. Overall not a bad book, but one I would only recommend to fans of memoirs or professional skate boarding.

Where I was while reading: Laying on the couch.

Missed Out Rating: 2 out of 5 Missed outs

No comments: