Thursday, January 22, 2009

Album # 2 Lies For The Liars - The Used

The Used are a band I have been listening to for about five years. They always have kept me entertained and have provided me with one of the best live shows I saw last year. "Lies For The Liars" is their latest release, it came out in 2007. I saw The Used last February at Kat Von D's MUSINK tattoo festival and was dissapointed that I wasn't familiar with a lot of their new tunes. Well, I guess I should have listened to this album in it's entirety back then. There are several memorable songs on the album that make you want to get up and jump around, while at the same time grabbing random things and throwing them against the wall. The Used in my opinion, would be best described as a hard rock band, but their certainly is lots of emo and pop thrown in and I'm not sure many can scream the way lead singer Bert screams. For me the most memorable and best songs on the album were "Pretty Handsome Awkward," The Bird And The Worm," "With Me Tonight," "Liar Liar(Burn In Hell)," and "Smother Me." So if you are so inclined to just try a few songs off iTunes, start with any one of those. Most songs on this album seem to deal with relationships going bad "Liar Liar(Burn In Hell), and being totally in love "Smother Me." Then songs like "The Bird And The Worm" will just kind of throw you for a loop.

Unfortunately there are about four forgettable songs and this leads me knock off about 1.5 missed outs on the rating, but overall it's still a very good album.

Recommended Downloads: "Pretty Handsome Awkward," "The Bird And The Worm," "With Me Tonight," "Liar,Liar(Burn In Hell)," "Smother Me."

What I was doing while listening: Driving to and from work.

Missed Out Rating: 3.5 out of 5 Missed Outs

No comments: