Friday, January 23, 2009

Album # 3 Oh No - Ok Go

While driving through the California rain I listened to my 3rd complete album of 2009. I guess if you took some of the best bands in the world: The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Weezer, Nirvana and others and mixed them all up and spit out all their reject songs you'd get a little something like Ok Go. The band is most famous for their song "Here It Goes Again" which became famous after their music video blew up on youtube. The video was self made by the band and had all the members dancing in unison while on treadmill machines. This album was given to me as a Christmas gift back in 2007. Believe it or not I had never listened to the whole album until today. I wasn't missing much that's for sure. There are fourteen songs on the album and I'd say I probably will only listen to maybe 4 of them ever again. The big hit "Here It Goes Again" is a good song, just as "It's A Disaster" is a really good song. The best song by far is the sleepy ballad "Oh Lately It's So Quiet" which tells the story of a heartbroken soul walking around an empty house that his former lover left him all alone in. I could listen to that song daily, however the rest of the album just sounds like industry type pop rock with a couple heavy riffs thrown in every now and then. To say the least, I was really dissapointed, but thank you Mark for thinking of me at Christmas time two years ago. And for the beef jerky this Christmas as well!

Recommended Downloads: "It's A Disaster," "Oh Lately It's So Quiet."

What I was doing while listening: Driving to and from work in the rain.

Missed Out Rating: 2 out of 5 Missed Outs

No comments: