Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Album # 11 It's Not Me, It's You - Lily Allen

Wow, what a great album. I was a pretty big fan of Lily's first album and I'm sure most of you are familiar at least with her big hit "Smile." I didn't even know this new album was out yet until reading a review in Rolling Stone magazine. I must say Lily has quite the gift to write hit singles. I swear all 12 songs on this CD can be radio hits. Upon first listen, each and every song sounds and feels like I've heard them before. Right off the bat I had a couple of favorites like "It's Not Fair," and "He's Wasn't There." The former song detailing her experiences with an older inadequate lover, while the latter song details her experience of growing up without a father present. There's a lot of pop, jazz and danceable music to enjoy on this disc. I almost want to give it a 5 missed out rating, but it's a little too poppy/bubble gummish to warrant that, so Lily you get a 3.5 missed outs from this guy!

Recommended downloands: "It's Not Fair," "He Wasn't There," "F$#! You," "Everyone's At It"

What I was doing while listening: Driving to and from work.

Missed Out Rating: 3.5 out of 5 Missed Outs

No comments: