Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Album # 12 Doggystyle - Snoop Doggy Dogg

Back up off d’eeez nuts. Oh, yeah, I feel like a real gangster now! It's been years since I listened to a complete Snoop Dogg, or as he was known back then…Snoop Doggy Dogg album. I’m really digging through my iPod to hear stuff I just don’t listen to all the time and this is one of those CD’s. I will admit that I listened to this CD quite a bit back in 1993, but listening to it now just kinda dulled my senses. You can only hear so much about banging whores, smoking pot, drinking gin and shooting people before you just want to throw the damn CD out the window! I like Snoop’s version of “Lodi Dodi” and “What’s My Name” and “Murder Was The Case” are still classics. One thing re-listening to this album did was introduce me to “G’z & Hustlers,” which is a pretty good track. It’s the last track on the album and I don’t ever remember hearing it before. I think I’d be safe deleting all but the above songs off my iPod.

Recommended downloads: "What's My Name," "Murder Was The Case," "Lodi Dodi," "G'z & Hustlers."

What I was doing while listening to: Laying around the house.

Missed Out Rating: 3 out of 5 Missed Outs


No comments: