Monday, February 23, 2009

Album #'s 18 Thru 22 Blink-182 Discography (5 Albums)

Album # 18 Cheshire Cat – Blink-182

Well I did it. For some odd reason I decided to listen to all five Blink-182 releases over the last few days. I guess when they announced they were getting back together at the Grammy’s I was inspired. Cheshire Cat was their first release and boy do they sound young. This album is filled with 2-3 minute punk songs. The one thing missing from later Blink releases is the pop sound. They definitely were going for a more straight forward punk approach, where later albums find them in the pop punk world. Still a great album overall. 3 Missed Outs.

Album # 19 Dude Ranch – Blink-182

Two Line Review: Starting to sound more like the Blink 182 we all know and love. This album contains their two first hits “Dammit,” and “Josie.” 3.0 Missed Outs.

Album # 20 Enema Of The State – Blink-182

Two Line Review: So here is the album that broke Blink 182 into mainstream America and MTV! How could you forget “All The Small Things,” “What’s My Age Again,” and “Adams Song?” 3.5 Missed Outs.

Album # 21 Take Off Your Pants And Jacket – Blink-182

Two Line Review: The guys found themselves in a groove with the momentum from the last album. Contained the hits “First Date,” “Rock Show,” “Stay Together For The Kids,” and one of my favorite Blink songs ever, “Story Of A Lonely Guy.” 4.0 Missed Outs.

Album # 22 Blink 182 – Blink-182

This was the last release from Blink before they broke up. It’s their most mature album and has my favorite Blink song of all time “Feeling This.” It also has the hits “Down,” “I Miss You,” and a really cool song “All Of This” featuring Robert Smith of The Cure on vocals. 4.0 Missed Outs.

All in all a pretty good experience for me. I plan on doing this a few times this year with various artists.

What I was doing while listening: Laying on the couch, driving around town, taking showers and other general craziness.

Overall Discography Missed Out Rating: 4 out of 5 Missed Outs.



No comments: