Friday, February 6, 2009

Album # 8 Glitter - Mariah Carey

I'm a pretty big Mariah Carey fan, there I admit it. However getting through this album was a bit tough. I own every CD she's ever put out, but never really paid much attention to this one. If you don't remember it was the soundtrack to her movie of the same name. The movie bombed and most fans and critics say that's what caused the soundtrack to bomb. I'm not so sure about that, I never saw the movie, but this album was such a chore to listen to from beginning to end, I'm thinking Mariah owes me some allowance money for completing the chore. There were two songs that I may leave on the iPod of the 12. "Loverboy" has a real hip 80's dance club kinda groove and so does "Didn't Mean To Turn You On." The rest of the album just kinda goes nowhere. There are a million different guest rap artists and that was a major flaw of many 90's albums. Just look at Michael Jackson's last couple of records. Anyway glad I finally listened to this in it's entirety and if you're so inclined at least check out a couple of the songs on this album.

Recommended downloads: "Loverboy," "Didn't Mean To Turn You On," "Last Night A DJ Saved My Life."

What I was doing while listening: Driving to and from work in the pouring rain.

Missed Out Rating: 1.5 out of 5 missed outs


No comments: