Thursday, February 12, 2009

Album # 14 10,000 Days - Tool

So I asked my girl for a recommendation, "just name any band and I'll listen to a whole album from them," I said. Without hesitation she said "Tool." She went on to recommend "10,000 Days" specifically. So personally, I've never been much of a Tool fan and after listening to the whole album, I can't say I am anymore of a fan than i was before. There are two songs on this album that are so powerful though, that it's a definate must own. Track 1 is "Vicarious" and has such a slow grinding low end sounding groove it will make you want to turn it up to 11. My other favorite song on the album is "The Pot." I honestly believe this entire album is worth buying for those two songs alone. In addition, I think some music deserves to be listened to in certain environments. This album is definately a mood album, or a headphone album. I listened to it in the car and I think that took away from the album a little bit.

Recommended downloads: "The Pot," "Vicarious."

What I was doing while listening: Driving to and from work.

Missed Out Rating: 3 out of 5 Missed Outs

No comments: